Sunday 2 October 2011

DES514 Brief: Supreme Being





For this particular project I am required to design and create around the theme "Alpine Soundtrack" using whatever format I desire. My first thought's were what was this"Alpine Soundtrack" and how do I go about undertaking this task in hand ? In order to understand this project better I went on the Supreme Being Website itself to get a better understanding and grasp of what I was dealing with in regards to this project. After a thorough browse through the "Supreme Being" website things became much clearer and I already had a few idea's on how I could best tackle this brief. My next move was to decide on which format I would utilise to complete this project. In keeping with my strengths I decided that a mixture of both photography and Illustration would give me my best chance of being successful in this Project.





Before I got bogged down with sketching I firstly decided to do some needed research into Alpine culture and looked at the kinds of music they were into. In addition I also took some photo's of musical instrument's I have at home, incase they would be relevant to my project. I was interested In the research into their musical background and wasn't surprised to find that they were into various kinds of music and in particular a modern form of folk music called Viennese schrammelmusik which is played using instruments such as the accordion and guitar. This was a bonus as my father play's the accordion and I therefore had an immediate basis to work from. Subsequently I decided to take a few pictures with the accordion.

No comments:

Post a Comment